Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pacing Through Architecture


'Flemish architects Paul Robbrecht and Hilde Daem of Robbrecht en Daem Architecten have a poetic approach to buildings. Embracing the intimate and the modest, their projects are defined by natural materials and simplicity of colour. Sudden openings onto exhilarating views act as flowing, ephemeral presences which guide visitors through the spaces they create.' More information can be found here: http://www.whitechapelgallery.org/exhibitions/robbrecht-and-daem-pacing-through-architecture


This gallery is by far one of the best works I've ever seen, I feel so insipred looking at the way he used mediums to bring out a sense of movement from a still photo just by altering his strokes. I'm so disappointed I could not take more photos after these shots as I was told cameras were not allowed. His utilisation of media and sections are something I aspire to become like in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment